Though we have no official doctrinal statement or creed, all pastors and teachers have agreed to the following statements of biblical truth:
- We hold that the Holy Bible is the sole authority by which God reveals Himself to humankind. Its principles guide us in all doctrine, rule, faith, and practice. These Scriptures, in their original forms, perfectly and without error recorded God’s special revelation to all peoples of the earth.
- We believe in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All three are equally God in total unity with full sovereignty over the universe.
- We believe that God the Son became a man in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. He was born of the virgin Mary, conceived by the Holy Spirit. He was fully human and fully God.
- We believe in the spiritual lost-ness of the human race. Because of Adam’s rebellion against God, all humankind inherits a sinful nature. Also, we all eventually choose to sin and are consequently spiritually separated from a holy God.
- We believe in the substitutionary atoning death of Jesus Christ. It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ whereby man’s sin can be forgiven.
- We believe that after being dead and placed in a tomb, Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead on the third day.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone. It is a gift from God. There is no salvation apart from a personal faith in Jesus Christ. All who accept this gift are given eternal life. On the contrary, all who do not have faith in Jesus Christ have earned eternal separation and punishment from God.
- We believe that once a person has received God’s gracious gift of salvation, that person is eternally secure. Though the believer is encouraged to perform good works, these actions in no way earn or keep our gift of salvation. Along with this gift of salvation comes the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which guides the believer’s spirit in truth.
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ and that someday He shall establish His kingdom of righteousness on earth.
- We practice two ordinances: baptism by immersion and the regular taking of communion.
Click here and read “The Story”.
This will further explain what we believe.